This novel unit focuses on Patricia McCormick's novel Sold. The following is included:
1. A 12 page reading comprehension packet. This included questions spanning the entire novel. Although the novel doesn't have chapters, the questions are divided in units such as pages 1-25, pages 26-37, etc.
2. An essay prompt on the use of symbolism in Sold.
3. Intellectual Empathy in Patricia McCormick's Sold Essay Prompt and Format
4. A mid-point novel quiz.
5. A handout for an online search of the biography of the author
6. An handout of "What is Human Trafficking" online search
7. 2 sample images of a photography project in which students painted their hands using color symbolism and wrote messages of hope to raise community awareness of human trafficking.
8. 2 Student Written Mentor Text poems based on the novel
9. Additional materials