With a partner, students solve all four equations on a placemat. After both students agree on the answers or solutions for the problems on the page, they then add the answers together to find the “Sum”. The teacher easily and quickly checks the “Sum” to evaluate the students’ understanding and allows the students to know if they made a mistake.
Print several copies of each placemat on one color of paper and slide them into plastic page protectors. The students can use dry erase markers on the plastic and easily wipe off their work when finished. Sometimes I printed two different placemats with similar topics, each on their own color of paper, and slid them back-to-back into the plastic page protectors.
This activity works well early in a lesson when students are actively learning a new skill and can also be used as a review.
The instructions are clearly marked on the students’ pages and the answer keys are included.
Included in the package:
Five placemats included, each has four linear equations and space to write the “Sum” of the solutions.
• Solve Equations – One Step
• Solve Equations – Two Step
• Solve Equations – Multi Step
• Solve Equations - Variables on Both Sides
• Solve Equations - Proportions
You might also like:
• Write and Rewrite Linear Equations Placemat Activities (7 pack)
• Systems of Linear Equations Placemat Activities (8 pack)
• Find Slope & Y-Intercept Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Point-Slope, Slope-Intercept & Standard Form Sum It Up Activity (8 stations)
• Parallel & Perpendicular Lines Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
• Graph Linear Equations Problems Pass Activity (12 problems)
• Solve Systems of Linear Equations Sum It Up Activity (8 stations)
• Linear Graphs Scavenger Hunt Activity (6 stations)
• Write Linear Equations From Context Problem Pass Activity (6 problems)
• Write Systems of Linear Inequalities Problem Pass Activity (6 problems)
• Solve Quadratic Equations Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Absolute Value Functions Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
• Quadratic Functions Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.