Two placemat activities include practice solving linear equations with variables on both sides and linear equations involving proportions.
With a partner, students solve all four equations on the placemat. After both students agree on the answers or solutions for all problems on the page, they then add the answers together to find the “Sum”. The teacher easily and quickly checks the “Sum” to evaluate the students’ understanding which allows the students to know if they made a mistake.
Print several copies of the placemat on one color of paper and slide them into plastic page protectors. The students can use dry erase markers on the plastic and easily wipe off their work when finished. Sometimes I print two different placemats with similar topics, each on their own color of paper, and put them back-to-back into the plastic page protectors.
This activity works well at the beginning of a lesson when students are actively learning a new skill and can also be used as a review.
The instructions are clearly marked on the students’ page and the answer key is included.
Included in the package:
Two placemat activities, each with four linear equations and space to write the “Sum” of the solutions.
-Solve Equations - Variables on Both Sides
-Solve Equations - Proportions
Answer Keys for Teacher
You might also like:
• Solve One-Step, Two-Step & Multi-Step Linear Equations Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Solve Linear Equations With Variables On Both Sides Relay Activities (6 rounds)
• Find Slope & Y-Intercept Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Find Slope & Write Linear Equations Given Two Points Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Rewrite Linear Equations Into Slope-Intercept Form & Standard Form Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Point-Slope, Slope-Intercept & Standard Form Sum It Up Activity (8 stations)
• Parallel & Perpendicular Lines Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
• Write Linear Equations From Context Problem Pass Activity (6 problems)
• Write Linear Equations In Context & Mixed Review Placemat Activities (2 activities)
Solve Linear Equations With Variables On Both Sides Relay Activities (6 rounds)
• Graph Linear Equations Problems Pass Activity (12 problems)
• Linear Graphs Scavenger Hunt Activity (6 stations)
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.