Seven stations include practice or review solving systems of linear equations using the graphing method. Practice includes graphing equations in slope-intercept form, point-slope form and standard form.
Students work in groups of three, labeling themselves Student A, Student B and Student C. Each student works their own problem at a station in their own notebook or on the blank answer sheet provided. Students then add their three answers together for the “Sum”. They check the back of the station/page to see if the “Sum” of their answers is correct before moving to the next station. Students may rotate through the stations in any order.
CCSS: Analyze and solve pairs of simultaneous linear equations.
8.EE.C.8 Analyze and solve pairs of simultaneous linear equations.
8.EE.C.8a Understand that solutions to a system of two linear equations in two variables correspond to points of intersection of their graphs, because points of intersection satisfy both equations simultaneously.
8.EE.C.8b Solve systems of two linear equations in two variables algebraically, and estimate solutions by graphing the equations. Solve simple cases by inspection.
CCSS: Solve systems of equations.
HSA.REI.C.6 Solve systems of linear equations exactly and approximately (e.g., with graphs), focusing on pairs of linear equations in two variables.
Print each page on cardstock or paper. Write only the numerical “Sum” of the three answers on the back of the corresponding page for students to check. Attach the pages to the walls around the room as stations for the students to visit.
Included in the package:
• Seven “Sum It Up” pages/stations, each with three problems, to put on walls around the classroom
• “Sum” answers to write on the back of each page/station for students to use
• Detailed answer key for the teacher
• Blank answer sheet for students (optional)
This activity works well in the middle of a lesson or as a review.
The instructions are clearly marked on the students’ page and the answer key is included.
You might also like:
• Solve Linear Systems Using Substitution Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Solve Linear Systems Using Combinations Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Solve Linear Systems Using Substitution & Using Combinations Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Solve Systems of Linear Equations Sum It Up Activity (8 stations)
• Solve Linear Systems In Context 1 & 2 (2 similar items & 2 deals) Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Solve Linear Systems In Context 3 & 4 (age & percent problems) Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Solve Linear Systems In Context 5 & 6 (find price & geometry problems) Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Solve Linear Systems By Graphing Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Solve Linear Systems Mixed Review Relay Activity (8 rounds)
• Solve Linear Systems Word Problems Relay Activity (6 rounds)
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.