Six rounds include practice solving multi-step linear equations with the variable on one side of the equation.
***GET THIS PRODUCT AS PART OF A MONEY-SAVING BUNDLE***
Algebra 1 Relay Activities Bundle
Separate students into groups of four and give each student their own copy of Round 1. Students should discuss the problem as they work on it and agree on the correct answer. Once each student in the group has the correct answer, ONE person from the group takes ONE Round 1 sheet to have it checked by the teacher.
If the answer is correct, the student then picks up four copies of Round 2 for the group. If the answer is not correct, the teacher sends the student back so the group can correct Round 1.
Groups continue working until each round is completed and checked by the teacher for accuracy.
This activity works well early in a lesson when students are actively learning a new skill. The discussion and collaboration in the small groups enhance the students’ learning.
The answer key for the teacher is included.
CCSS: Solve equations and inequalities in one variable.
8.EE.C.7 Solve linear equations in one variable.
8.EE.C.7b Solve linear equations with rational number coefficients, including equations whose solutions require expanding expressions using the distributive property and collecting like terms.
HSA.REI.B.3 Solve linear equations and inequalities in one variable, including equations with coefficients represented by letters.
Print enough copies (one-sided) for each student to have his/her own. Cut pages on the dotted lines to separate rounds into separate stacks (all of Round 1 is in one stack, Round 2 is in a different stack, etc.).
After handing out Round 1, keep stacks of Round 2, Round 3, etc. and only allow students to take the next round in order when their group is ready for it.
Included in the package:
• Six relay rounds
• Answer Key for Teacher
You might also like:
• Solve One-Step, Two-Step & Multi-Step Linear Equations Placemat Activities(3 activities)
• Solve Linear Equations With Variables on Both Sides From Proportions Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Solve Linear Equations With Variables on Both Sides Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Solve One-Step Linear Equations Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Solve Two-Step Linear Equations Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Solve Multi-Step Linear Equations Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Solve One-Step Linear Equations Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Rewrite Literal Equations & Formulas Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Solve Two-Step Linear Equations Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Linear Graphs Scavenger Hunt (6 stations)
• Graph Linear Equations Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Find Slope & Y-Intercept Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Find Slope & Write Linear Equations Given Two Points Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Rewrite Linear Equations Into Slope-Intercept Form & Standard Form Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Point-Slope, Slope-Intercept & Standard Form Sum It Up Activity (8 stations)
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.