Eight stations include practice or review solving one-step linear equations using inverse operations. The activity includes problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions.
Students work in groups of three, labeling themselves Student A, Student B and Student C. Each student works their own problem at a station in their own notebook. Students then add their three answers together for the “Sum”. They check the back of the station/page to see if the “Sum” of their answers is correct before moving to the next station. Students may rotate through the stations in any order.
CCSS: Solve equations and inequalities in one variable.
8.EE.C.7 Solve linear equations in one variable.
8.EE.C.7b Solve linear equations with rational number coefficients, including equations whose solutions require expanding expressions using the distributive property and collecting like terms.
HSA.REI.B.3 Solve linear equations and inequalities in one variable, including equations with coefficients represented by letters.
Print each page on cardstock or paper. Write only the numerical “Sum” of the three answers on the back of the corresponding page for students to check. Attach the pages to the walls around the room as stations for the students to visit.
Included in the package:
• Eight “Sum It Up” pages/stations, each with three problems, to put on walls around the classroom
• “Sum” answers to write on the back of each page/station for students to use
• Detailed answer key for the teacher
This activity works well in the middle of a lesson or as a review.
The instructions are clearly marked on the students’ page and the answer key is included.
You might also like:
• Solve One-Step, Two-Step & Multi-Step Linear Equations Placemat Activities (3 activities)
• Solve Linear Equations With Variables on Both Sides & Proportions Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Solve One-Step Linear Equations Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Solve Two-Step Linear Equations Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Solve Multi-Step Linear Equations Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Solve One-Step Linear Equations Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Solve Two-Step Linear Equations Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Solve Multi-Step Linear Equations (Variable on One Side) Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Solve Linear Equations In Context Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Solve Linear Equations With Variables On Both Sides Relay Activities (6 rounds)
• Rewrite Literal Equations & Formulas Relay Activity (6 rounds)
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.