Solve to Create is an engaging way for students to solve word problems. Students get into 6 groups. They have 6 word problems to solve. As they are solving word problems correctly, they are earning the parts of a gingerbread friend! Once students have solved all six word problems, they will have all of the pieces they need to create their gingerbread friend. We have created word problems within the unit for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades. AND there is an editable powerpoint so you can type in your own word problems.
Here's what is included:
- Directions and Pictures
- Task Folder Covers
- Gingerbread Friend Templates
- 6 Word problems for Addition Within Ten
- 6 Word problems for Addition and Subtraction Within Twenty
- 6 Word problems for 2 and 3 Digit Addition and Subtraction With Regrouping
- 6 Word problems for Multiplication and Division
- Smaller Word Problem templates for students to use
- Larger Word Problem templates for groups to use
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- Editable Word Problems in PowerPoint: You can type in your very own word problems!
*Please Note: Many people incorporate gingerbread activities in the Christmas season, but these can be done any time of the year. We have optional recording sheet and folder covers that do NOT have Christmas clip art. That way anyone can use them anytime!
For other Solve To Create Resources Click Below:
Solve to Create was created by Amy and Olivia Lemons