These solving equations math stations are perfect to help students understand algebraic equations. Students will solve equations, write equations from word problems, write their own word problems, and find errors in completed work. These equations include rational numbers with variables on one side.
This product includes the following math stations:
• Equation Practice: 20 algebraic equations to solve with rational numbers and the variable on one side only.
• Writing Equations: Given story problems, students will write an equation, solve the equation, and make sense of their solution.
• Colorful Equations: A coloring activity where students solve equations and color the corresponding section on a coloring page. The following colors are needed for this task: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and black.
• Writing Story Problems: Given an equation, students will write a story problem that would result in the given equation to solve the problem.
• Teacher Time: An error analysis activity. Students correct a given student’s quiz and find the errors in solving and graphing inequalities.
• Letter Writing: Students write a letter to their friend who missed class about everything they learned about checking their solution to an algebraic equation.
Each station will take about 15 – 20 minutes to complete. These would also be great to use as homework, group work or assessments. A recording sheet and answer sheet are included.
Other Products you may be Interested in
▸ Equations with Variables on Both Sides Stations
▸ Equivalent Expressions Task Cards using Integers
This Product is Part of the Following Bundle(s)
▸ Math 7 Resources Bundle Middle School Math
▸ Math Stations Middle School Bundle
▸ 7th Grade Math Stations Mini Bundle
★ Follow me for more great products to make sense of math
If you enjoy this product, I'd appreciate your positive feedback
© MakeSenseofMath2016 One product purchase is for one teacher