Solving Equations with Variables on Both Sides Stations Activity | Multistep
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Looking to add variety to your classroom? These middle school math stations are just what you need for your students to develop a deep understanding of mathematics. Includes stations in the topics of number systems, expressions, equations, functions, ratios, proportional relationships, probabilityPrice $67.00Original Price $98.00Save $31.00
- These 8th grade math stations are just what you need to help your students develop a deep understanding of mathematics. These cover various topics such as the Pythagorean theorem, rational and irrational number, solving equations with variables on both sides, parallel lines with transversals and moPrice $13.50Original Price $18.00Save $4.50
- Looking for ways to simplify planning while continuing to teach in-depth lessons? Then this 8th grade math curriculum and activities bundle is for you! This curriculum is aligned to the 8th grade common core standards. Each unit includes: guided notes, assessments/worksheets and activities such as:Price $200.00Original Price $339.00Save $139.00
- This solving equations with variables on both sides unit includes notes, assessments, and activities. This is perfect for your students to dive into solving equations with rational numbers, distributive property, and combining like terms. In-depth notes to teach and fun activities to supplement. AliPrice $22.00Original Price $31.50Save $9.50
- These 8th grade math stations are just what you need to help your students develop a deep understanding of mathematics. There are at least four stations in each set. The focus of these stations is for students to discover and apply mathematical principles. The students will delve into the mathemaPrice $30.00Original Price $42.00Save $12.00
- You are going to love these fun 8th grade math activities to supplement your curriculum. Stations, task cards, mystery pictures and more. These activities cover a variety of 7th grade math topics so that you can use them throughout the year. Check Out What's Included***BONUS FILE*** 8th Grade MathPrice $90.00Original Price $120.50Save $30.50
These math stations dive into equations with variables on both sides. Students will justify, solve, create, analyze, and justify their reasoning in these middle school math stations. The use of the distributive property is included as well as collecting like terms. Students will develop a deep understanding of this content after completing these math stations.
The following stations are included:
- : Given an equation with variables on both sides, students will identify how many solutions the equation has. They will justify their reasoning.
- Given a story problem, students will write and solve an equation to solve the problem.
- : Students will create equations with variables on both sides with one, infinite and no solutions. They will justify their reasoning.
- : Students will solve equations with variables on both sides.
Each station will take about 15 – 20 minutes to complete. These would also be great to use as homework, group work or assessments. A recording sheet and answer sheet are included.
CHECK OUT WHAT EDUCATORS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE
Great for differentiation. Great for scaffolding tasks. Perfect for grouping and more importantly; RIGOR, etc. I really loved this set. This is definitely one of my best purchases!!!!! Thanks a lot!!!
This is a wonderful activity that can be used in stations as well as to differentiate for students who are on varying levels when solving equations!
Other Products you may be Interested in
▸ Equations with Variables on Both Sides Task Cards
★ FOLLOW ME for more great products to make sense of math!
Remember that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Make Sense of Math