This activity practices solving exponential equations with same base and with different bases without using logarithms. It requires knowledge of the properties of exponents. All exponential equations given are reducible to quadratic equations with two distinct rational roots. Partners have their own set of two groups of equations. The FIRST GROUP contains equations which have exponential expressions with same bases and the SECOND GROUP of equations is more challenging as having exponential expressions with different bases.The amusing part of this activity is creating compound words corresponding to each solution set of the exponential equations given.
All answer keys are included.
THE ACTIVITY CAN BE SPLIT INTO TWO PARTS! In Part One, students can solve only the first group of equations and make compound words and in Part Two, they can solve the second group of equations and create the rest compound words. I recommend that students use a calculator to help them solve the equations faster.
The resource contains two versions -Level 1 and Level 2 suitable respectively for ordinary and advanced level students!
I hope you and your students enjoy this activity.
You might also like my other products similar to this one:
1) Solving Quadratic Equations by All Methods Partner Activity "Make a compound word"
2) Solving Quadratic Equations with Complex Roots - Partner Activity "Make compound words"
3) Solving Linear Systems by All Methods Partner Activity "Make a compound word" FREEBIE
4) Rational Equations Reducible to Quadratics Three Methods Partner Activity "Make compound words"
5) Logarithmic Equations - Partner Activity"Make Compound Words"
6) Solving Radical Equations( one and two radicals) - Partner Activity "Make Compound Words"