Inequalities Activity: Quick Questions is a 10–15 minute in-class activity that helps students identify and correct common math mistakes! It is great for reviewing multiple concepts before a quiz or test. Students have fantastic conversations during this activity and the best part is that it’s so quick and it really gets students talking!
Quick Questions Review:
“Hey Lady! I am keying the Q^2 questions and marveling at your ability to showcase student's misunderstandings SO PRECISELY. It's not just that the technique is so cool, but it's also the insightful way you write the questions and possible solutions. Thanks for sharing this!”
Translating math phrases and sentences
Solving single-step and multi-step linear inequalities
Graphing single-variable linear inequalities
Quick Questions is a 10–15 minute in-class activity that helps students identify and correct common math misunderstandings! It is great for reviewing multiple concepts before a quiz or test. This activity can be used in many ways, and here are some ideas on how it can be used in class:
1. Each question in the activity has two answer choices: “Answer A” or “Answer B.” There is one correct answer choice and one decoy answer choice.
2. Students complete each question individually or in pairs. Ask students to try to find all the correct answers together. The opportunity for collaboration creates productive mathematical discourse.
3. Then, provide the answer key either in paper form or on the board and ask students which questions they would like you to go over! Students only need to say which number to go over, which helps all students to feel comfortable asking questions.
4. Conceptual Learning: Use the blank quick questions sheet for students to come with their own correct and decoy answers! They can then trade with their partner or another pair and complete each other’s questions!
5. Critical Writing: Copy the Error Analysis page for students to write critically about the questions and explain the mistakes on selected questions. Teachers can choose the questions they write about or students can choose!
g. Other uses:
Quick questions could be used as a warm-up or exit ticket. It could also be used as a section on a quiz or test.
It could be graded formally or informally!
Other Activities you might enjoy! Download separately or as a bundle =)
Algebra 1 Activities: Fix Common Mistakes!
Algebra 2 Activities: Fix Common Mistakes!
Algebra 2 Activities: Math Sprints
Bundled Activities by Unit:
Graphing Quadratic Functions Activities
Exponents and Radicals Activities
Solving Quadratic Equations Activities
This license is for one teacher only for personal use in his or her classroom. This license is non-transferable. Therefore, licenses cannot be given to or shared with other teachers. This document cannot be used by a common planning team, department, or district, without purchasing the correct number of licenses.
This document cannot be posted online in any form, including course websites or personal websites. You may, however, post this document on password-protected websites that are accessed by students.