This flip folder was created as a tool to help student with the foundational skills of calculating unknown values - which is often required to solve linear and systems of equations. My 6th-8th learning support students have always struggled with solving for a variable. This flip folder provides helpful examples, common terms to know, and helpful hints for when it comes to solving these often tricky equations!
There's many ways students can build their flip folders. Students can design their folders to best suit their individual needs.
- 14 examples of solving basic equations
- 6 examples of solving equations with multiple variables
- 12 examples of systems of equations
- 14 helpful hints
- 11 words to know
- headers for each topic (basic equations, multiple variables, system of equations)
- blank examples
- blank pages to customize to better fit your classroom needs
Options for use...
- print each topic on a different color paper
- print each topic on white paper
- print only one topic for the inside middle [use inside sides for definitions & hints]
- print only two topics for the inside sides [use the inside middle for definitions & hints]
- print all three topics [student pick the examples, definitions, & hints they want]
- glue all the extras on the back
- use the front cover envelopes to hold the extras
- use the front covers without the envelopes
- use the examples, definitions, & hints provided
- customize your own examples, definitions, & hints
...I'm sure there's also many more ways to use!
You will be receiving this as a PowerPoint and as a PDF.
The PowerPoint version allows you to "edit" the slides by adding your own text boxes. Whereas the PDF version prints in a better quality, allowing you to ONLY hand write on the pages you choose to use.
Want to see more of my math manipulatives?
Charley's Classroom - MORE Math Manipulatives
If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask!
Want to see my resources put to use in my classroom? Click & follow my blog