This lesson helps students understand Solving Linear Equations.
1. Students will complete the Bellringer.
2. Students will work in groups of 2 on the activity.
3. The Presentation will be used to engage the activity, look for misconceptions and encourage discussion.
4. Students will complete the Exit Slip before leaving for the day.
5. Use the Practice as individual practice or homework.
• Editable lesson plan
• Bellringer/opening problem set or question
• Activity to drive engagement
• PowerPoint Presentation that includes the activity and the lesson
• Practice Page for in class work or homework
• Exit Slip for quick and easy formative assessment
• Answer Keys for every resource
• Aligned to Common Core
Create equations and inequalities in one variable and use them to solve problems. Include equations arising from linear and quadratic functions, and simple rational and exponential functions.
I Can Statement:
I can solve and interpret the solution to multi-step linear equations and inequalities in context.
The lesson plan and every resource, the bellringer, activity, presentation, practice page, and exit slip is given in an editable form (Word or PPT) as well as PDF format for easy viewing and printing.
This lesson plan consists of 10+ pages including the answer keys. The PowerPoint presentation is not included in this count.