This activity practices solving quadratic equations.The half of the equations are in standard form and set to zero and the other half have one term on the right side of the equation. There are also included incomplete quadratic equations. Solutions are only rational numbers.
Activity Directions: Partners will each have their own set of 8 quadratic equations. They solve the first four of them by factoring and the rest – by the most appropriate method they choose. Then they look for the numbers they have found on the “balloons board” - a set of balloons given with numbers and words on them. If students find their answers written on some of the balloons, they must “burst”(strike-through) them. In such a way the words written on these balloons will be eliminated too. Partners continue solving still that way and at last they will have some balloons “survived” inseparably with the words on them. They can arrange all these words remained to make a proverb.
All answer keys are included.
I hope your students enjoy “eliminating balloons” and searching for wisdom sayings.
You might also like these other QUADRATIC EQUATIONS PRODUCTS:
1) Quadratic Equations with Two Positive Roots Partner Activity
2) Quadratic Equations with Two Negative Roots Partner Activity
3) Quadratic Equations with Irrational Solutions Individual Practice 4 versions
4) Forming Quadratic Equations by Factoring and Vieta's Formulas Partner Activity
5) Finding a Common Root between Quadratic Equations (Factoring Method) Game for 4,3 and 2
6) Solving Quadratic Equations by All Methods Partner Activity "Make a compound word"
7) Solving Quadratic Equations by All Methods Partner Activity " Provide numbers and get numbers"
8) Solving Equivalent Quadratic Equations by All Methods Quiz Game for 4,3 and 2 (Sorting and Word Search Activity)
9) Quadratic Equations with Complex Solutions Partner Sorting and Word Search Activity
10) Quadratic Equations with Complex Solutions Partner Quiz and Drawing Activity