The following power point presents the student with a lesson on Solving quadratic Equations using Square Roots.
* Students learn to write Quadratic Equations in standard form.
* Students learn about and understand what a "leading coefficient" is
* Students learn how to adjust a Quadratic Equation when 'b' is zero in standard form
* Students learn how to isolate the x term in order to solve the quadratic equation
* Students learn to write their solutions in radical form when the square roots do not come out even
'* Students learn that the square root of zero is zero
* Students learn that when x2 cannot be a negative
real number; they learn that the square of a real number is never negative
* Students learn the importance of checking their solutions
* Students learn about the Falling Object Model and the meaning of h, t, and s.
* Students learn that h is measured in feet; t is measured in seconds in the Falling Object Model
* Included in the lesson is a short "Follow up assessment" for student/teacher evaluation as to how students are comprehending the material
* Also included in the lesson is a set of GUIDED NOTES so that students may actively participate in the lesson. The guided notes are also beneficial to students as they prepare for tests/quizzes and for final exam.
* This material is aligned with CC Expectations.'
* Students should find the lesson manageable and easily understood; instructors will find the material practical.
Thank you. LOVE TO TEACH!