This is a WONDERFUL activity to use as classwork for learning how to solve quadratics with non-real solutions. Use this instead of a worksheet or book work to get your students up in pairs and talking about the math! Increases comprehension and lessens teacher dominance in answering them!
**Student worksheets and an answer key included for easy grading!**
Directions for Set-Up:
1. Print Scavenger Hunt pages
2. Place in alphabetical order around the room or in the hallway
Directions for Activity:
1. Place students in pair
2. Assign each pair to a starting letter
3. Students write down the letter they are on
4. Students write down and solve the quadratic at the TOP of the sheet
5. Once answered, students will look around the room/hallway for that answer on the BOTTOM of another sheet.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until students arrive back at their starting letter.
Directions for Checking:
• Find starting letter in the answer key provided.
• Student’s letter path should match that of the answer key.