This activity is designed to help students with solving radical equations with square root. The equations in this version may need to be rearranged before squaring both sides. They may require squaring more than once.
Student will practice the following skills
* Rearranging Equations
* Squaring Binomials
* Factoring Quadratic Equations
* Solving equations with 1 square root
* Solving equations with 2 square roots
* check for extraneous solutions
This activity also gets students up and about. Place the 12 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with. They should solve the equation at the top of the card, then they should find the answer on another card. Then they solve the next problem. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
Included are 2 version of this activity.
- One with 12 cards for use as a walk-around activity (includes a absent student version)
- A shorter version with only 6 cards great for table work, bell work or use as a review.
To help with grading, I have included 2 student answer sheets: One that includes room to show their work, and another with just boxes.
* Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
* Math Station for students that have finished work early
* Test Review
* Homework Alternative
* Bell work