This zipped file contains
- An eighteen-page Smart Notebook file that will engage your students in deciding if they should sine, cosine or tangent to solve for missing information in a right triangle.
- A five-page set of directions to explain how to use the Smart Notebook file.
The eighteen pages include:
- A Do Now on page 2 where students match which trigonometric ratio should be used with six illustrated right triangles and then write the trigonometric statement that fits the right triangle.
- Use slides 3 through 8 to discuss solving each trigonometric equation from the Do Now problems. Students will see how these equations lead them to finding the missing information in each problem.
- Slides 9 through12 introduce students to the inverse trigonometric function so they can solve for the size of the angle in each problem.
- Slide 13 through 19 are additional practice problems for the students to complete on inverse trigonometric functions.
Comments from Buyers: