Students will solve systems of equations then color the question number on their christmas trees with their answer. This is an excellent quick check review activity or homework assignment. If they get the wrong answer, they will color the christmas tree's incorrectly.
Reviews the following topics:
1. Solving Linear Systems of Equations by Substitution (2 Variables)
2. Solving Linear Systems of Equation by Elimination (2 Variables)
3. Solving Linear Systems of Equations by Substitution (3 Variables)
4. Solving Linear Systems of Equation by Elimination (3 Variables)
5. Solving Quadratic Systems of Equations by Substitution
6. Solving Quadratic Systems of Equations by Elimination
Answer Key is included with correct work for each problem + the correct christmas tree's picture.
Common Core Standards: HSA.REI.C.5: prove that, given a system of two equations in two variables, replacing one equation by the sum of that equation and a multiple
of the other produces a system with the same solution. HSA.REI.C.7: Solve a simple system consisting of linear equations and quadratic equations in two variables algebraically and graphically.
If you are looking for an easier worksheet involving systems of equation, please check out my Solving Systems of Linear Equations Color by Numbers
used by an entire grade level. If you wish to purchase more licenses, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, please do not upload
this document on the internet in any format unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students, not other teachers or anyone else on the internet.