This activity is designed to review solving systems of equations by graphing (or writing systems of equation by the graph). This activity also gets students up and about.
This activity is level 2. Included no solution and infinitely many solutions. All graphs intersect at points but to increase the difficulty level not all the equations have integer y-intercept.
Place the 10 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with. They should graph the function on the bottom of the page (or write system for the graph at the top). After graphing on their own paper, students look around the room for a graph that matches theirs. Then they work the next problem. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
This item includes:
- A 10 page card set with graphs and equations
- A 5 page card set
- Blank graph paper
- Absent Student Pages for both version
- Student Answer Sheets for both version
- Detail Keys for both versions
- Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
- Math Station for students that have finished work early
- Test Review
- Homework Alternative
- Bell work
- Formative Assessment (student know immediately if they are working the problems correctly)
My Other Systems of Equations Activities
How many solutions Sort - No solution, One Solution or Infinitely Many
Solving by Graphing - Walk Around Activity
Graphing Non-Linear Systems of Equations - Walk Around Activity
Graphing Systems of Linear Inequalities - Walk Around Activity
Sorting Activity - Solving by Substitution