This is Solving Triangles - Law of Sines Problem/Task Cards. This can be used in Geometry, Algebra 2, and Pre-Calculus. Students are given a card and have to solve the triangle (find all angles and side lengths). Answers are on the back of the card and an answer key is provided.
1. Print 2-sided, select printer setting to “flip on long side”
2. Once printed, cut along the table border to create the 30-cards
3. Printing on card stock is recommended
4. There are 30 problem cards, so there should be enough for each student to use
5. The answers to a problem are located on the back, if you printed it double sided then it’ll be the shaded side with red border
6. Tell students to start on the white-side with missing values
7. All units (angles and side lengths) are labelled for every triangle
8. A “Teacher Answer Key” is located in the back of the document so you can verify student-derived values
9. It may be helpful to give students the formula for the Law of Sines
SinA/a=SinB/b=SinC/c or a/sinA=b/SinB=c/SinC
1. Triangles are to SCALE!
2. I’d encourage you to laminate, so you can use the cards for other classes
3. Tell students that there may be some rounding needed, all values are integers
4. There cards differ in given measurements – SAA, ASA, SSA, etc.
Please review if you download! Thank you!