This PDF download includes:
• 13 different active learning games specifically designed to support the learning the Common Core Standards related to Solving Two Step Equations.
• Comprehensive mathematical thinking development
• Instructions, variations to scaffold and differentiate instruction
• All the Instructional cards for teaching and practicing translating between a word problem, its equation, equivalent forms, and the equation’s solution.
• An Easy cutting guide for the game cards that will yield 12 decks of cards, each with 48 different cards.
• Instructions on learning activities, assessments, sponge activities, and learning centers based on the games, cards, and the standards
• Rules constructed on schema of known games
• Intelligently considerate of students’ learning preferences.
This resource is a carefully designed collection of instructional games and much more. It is grounded on the best research for helping students learn how to be engaged in mathematical thinking, how to retain important information, and how to develop a meaningful and robust conceptual understanding of the underlying mathematical concepts in solving equations.
Concepts and Skills: translating a word problem into an equation. Creating a picture that models the situation. Interpreting equivalent forms of an equation. Solving any two step equation.