Someday by Alison Mcghee and Peter Reynolds Lesson Plan and Activities
K - 2nd, Homeschool
Also included in
- SAVE BIG! A guided reading or interactive read aloud lesson plan bundle of 30 bilingual mentor text picture books covering topics for the whole year! This yearlong bundle is all you will need to cover all common core literature and informational text standards for the whole year. Lessons and activPrice $40.00Original Price $84.25Save $44.25
- SAVE BIG! A guided reading or interactive read aloud lesson plan bundle for 10 of your favorite picture book mentor texts! (See the complete list below) Lessons and activities focus on:Using evidence to describe, infer, and draw conclusionsSummarizingIdentifying and supporting author's message / lePrice $17.60Original Price $27.00Save $9.40
- SAVE BIG! A guided reading or interactive read aloud lesson plan bundle for 33 Spanish mentor text picture books covering topics for the whole year in Spanish with dictado plans for EVERY book so that you can do your dictations around a common context of the book! No more dictations completely disPrice $48.00Original Price $100.50Save $52.50
- SAVE BIG! A guided reading or interactive read aloud lesson plan bundle for 33 mentor text picture books covering topics for the whole year! Lessons and activities focus on:Using evidence to describe, infer, and draw conclusionsSummarizingIdentifying and supporting author's message / lessonIdentifyPrice $40.00Original Price $89.50Save $49.50
A guided reading or interactive read aloud lesson plan for the realistic fiction mentor text picture book Someday by Alison Mcghee and Peter H. Reynolds. The book is also available in Spanish titled Algun dia. Activities in English and Spanish! Great for Mother's Day, Grandparents Day, growth, and relationships studies!
Lessons and activities focus on:
- Summarizing key details (4 strategies: narrative retell, timeline, graphic organizer, Somebody Wanted But Then So)
- Close reading for describing character relationships and change
- Analyzing the author's message / lesson
- Main idea and details
- using text evidence to close read
- Comparing and contrasting but can easily be modified for other uses
The lesson plans include:
- teacher script with strategic stopping points and questions for students to discuss
- printable prompts for student post-reading responses through discussion in writing or reading response logs
- 4-5 day plan
- Discussion questions
- Suggested discussion strategies
- Strategic stopping points for questioning and close reading
- Anchor chart examples
- Sentence stems / frames for oracy and vocabulary development
- Great for bilingual classrooms
- Printable worksheets for written responses
How to Use This Resource:
- whole group
- small group
- as a reading intervention
- special education (SPED)
- bilingual or Dual Language / DLI classrooms
- with ELLs for ESL instruction
- Great for K, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade
Your kindergarten, first grade, second grade, or third grade students will love this story!
✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭
You May Also Like:
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
With prompting and support, retell familiar stories, including key details.
With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
Ask and answer questions about unknown words in a text.
Recognize common types of texts (e.g., storybooks, poems).