Children with autism often have trouble understanding other people's feelings, as well as their own feelings. This book will help teach them to look at facial expressions and the actions of others when determining what others are feeling. The teacher or parent should go through the book several times and help the child match the correct feeling to its page. There are two levels of answers to this book (feeling words and feeling pictures/words). Use the feelings with pictures for your emerging readers.
To assemble the book:
1. Print and laminate all pages.
2. Cut out individual pages and bind together to make the book.
3. Cut out feelings pieces.
4. Place soft (loop) Velcro in the middle of each rectangle in the book.
5. Place hard (hook) Velcro on the back of each feeling's piece.
6. The feelings pieces can be stored in a sandwich bag when not in use.
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2015 by Mayer-Johnson LLC a Tobii Dynavox company. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission.
Boardmaker® is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.
2100 Wharton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: 1 (800) 588-4548
Fax: 1 (866) 585-6260
Web site: www.mayer-johnson.com