Students focus on analyzing poetry and citing evidence using the lyrics of, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" sung by Iz, with an emphasis on Author's Purpose and Imagery.
Questions and extension activity were designed with Common Core Standards and Depth of Knowledge/Bloom's Taxonomy skills in mind. Students are asked questions that require them to refer back to the text to support their answers.
1. A copy of the song for annotation.
2. 2-page worksheet with extension activities.
3. Answer key (for discussion)
4. CCSS Standards.
5. Multimedia links that can be used as extension activities and resources, with suggestion for how to use.
6. Powerpoint introducing literary devices.
Hope you enjoy!