Somos diferentes -Spanish Musical Echoing Slide Show for Comprehensible Input
Featuring (ser, personality adjectives, nunca, siempre, me gusta, te gusta)
Musical Echoing is a comprehensible input method using pictures, professionally recorded music, 3 tiered questioning, extension and comprehension activities, story adaptations and more for fun and effective language acquisition by using interactive and lively slide show presentations.
This musical and interactive slide show consists of :
· “Antes de empezar” picture glossary slide(s) that rhythmically introduce or review the main words used in the story/song.
· instruction via slides that use pictures (with the printed script on short strips) that float in to the tempo of the chanted song.
· Similar slides with the pictures and optional corresponding looped music (no animation or musical script strips) for recall practice
· Extension activity slides to be printed for written practices or to be used (depending upon board capabilities)as manipulative activities or group review.
· Picture sentence “reading”
· Lectura adicional a related quirky story extending the lesson
Musical Echoing is very adaptable. It can be used as purely supplemental to your existing curriculum as a short or main lesson insert, or as the main platform or spring board from which other lessons/activities are added.
There are nine slide show modules in each of the two sets that coincide with many vocabulary themed or structural units used by many middle school and high school Spanish curriculums.
Titles of the interactive slide shows in the first set are:
1. La escuela 1 (school supplies, ser, tener,va,misc)
2. La escuela 2 ( school room, school furniture, hay,verbs, misc.)
3. El horario (ordinal numbers, school subjects, me gusta, voy, misc)
4. ¿ Cómo está ?( feelings, misc verbs)
5. Somos diferentes - (ser, personality adjectives, nunca, siempre)
6. Tiempo loco (weather, es/está, aburrido, some clothing, misc .)
7. Retrato familiar (family members, descriptions, querer, direct object pronouns)
8. La fiesta (interrogative words, misc. vocabulary)
9. Siempre ocupada (time, days, activities , me gusta, locations)
(see individuals side shows for good previews)