"Bist du real?" is the perfect way to introduce German I students to popular German music because it is highly repetitious and includes many high-frequency structures. In particular, this song includes numerous contrasts of ich and du conjugations in the present tense. It would be a good song to do while targeting the conjugations of sein since du bist is included 37 times!
Included in this purchase are
- A lesson plan for teaching the song.
- A lyrics sheet that includes a CLOZE activity, a biography of KC Rebell, and a fun exercise about German pick-up lines.
- A short assessment that asks students to differentiate between ich conjugations and du conjugations.
- A teacher's copy with the correct answers to the worksheet and to the assessment.
- Another lyrics sheet with the German lyrics and the English translation.
- 15 pages of flashcards with structures from the song to use with the Musical Flashcards