Tommy Boom-Boom is an exciting performance piece for general classroom instruments. Originally composed for Boomwhackers® and percussion, Tommy Boom-Boom is high-energy and fun. It is designed to highlight:
- C major scale - Dorian mode
- cooperative learning - particularly Section B where treble and bass instruments alternate playing
- basic harmonies between treble and bass instruments
- staccato emphasising off-beats
The main riff is based on the rhythm: Tommy Boom-Boom, Tommy Boom-Boom, Tommy Boom (| ti-ti ta ta ti-ti | ta ta ti-ti ta | ), quite a unique ostinato pattern.
This Basic Pack contains:
- a pdf with the full score and individual parts (treble, bass and percussion instruments)
- a playalong track for rehearsal and/or performance
- a general midi file for rehearsal and input into intructional software such as Synthesia or MuseScore
Use this pack to teach ensemble skills and performance, have a bit of fun and show off in a performance sure to please.