This is part of my series for Making Music a Daily Routine. For more information on my method of using this on a daily basis, please download my “Making Music a Daily Routine” document. (Just $1!)
I use this song in level 1. This is the second song of the year that I use.
Because many districts cover different vocabulary/concepts at different times, these files are in Word format so that you can modify the cloze activities, Words to Know, quizzes, etc. to fit your needs.
The thumbnail does not look pretty when I view it, but the formatting should come out fine in an up-to-date Word document. Please let me know ASAP if there is a problem with is and I will do what I can to fix it. I’m very particular about formatting and I want it to be done right!
1. Cloze-style lyrics sheet for students to complete as they listen each day, with "words to know" vocabulary section and artist information
2. Cloze-style quiz
3. A scan of our class translation of the lyrics (*Note: In most songs I have an "area of uncertainty" that I openly tell students is a translation I am not sure of or that may need improvement)
4. Additional talking points that I like to address as we translate the song in class.
In addition to being part of a Daily Routine, I have used this song for the following language points:
• Reviewing formulas and introducing new formulas (tener que infinitive, etc.)
• Reviewing reflexive verbs
• Previewing direct and indirect object pronouns
• Reviewing stem-changers and introducing new ones
If you find any errors in the song or translations, please contact me so that I can improve!