Songs & Activities to Teach Ti & Low Ti in the Music Room - Major & Minor Scale
Also included in
- Are you looking for ways to teach melody and solfa in the music classroom, while engaging your upper elementary students in fun songs and activities? Wanting to save time preparing to teach melody to your third, fourth, fifth, and sixth graders? If so, this bundle is perfect! This comprehensive bundPrice $52.00Original Price $74.50Save $22.50
Are you looking for ways to teach ti and low ti/ ti, in the music classroom, while engaging your students in fun songs and activities? Wanting to save time preparing to teach melody, major scale, and minor scale to your fourth, fifth, and sixth graders? If so, this unit for ti and low ti is perfect!
This comprehensive set will improve your students understanding of melody and music theory, will give you opportunities to assess students, AND will save you time! The set includes separate materials for ti and low ti, so you can teach separately OR together! The set includes:
- Songs to teach ti (Lachen Lachen, Come Follow, Chumbara, Sweetly the Swan, Water Come a Me Eye)
- Songs to teach low ti/ ti, (Boots of Shining Leather, Little Birch Tree, Raspberries, Hey Ho Nobody Home, Aquaqua)
- Lesson plan for presenting ti and Lesson plan for presenting low ti: 35 minute lessons, aligned with NCAS
- Ti learning center activities, Low ti learning center activities
- “Sweetly the Swan" stick notation sheet, for use in centers
- “Raspberries" stick notation sheet, for use in centers
- Strategies for teaching ti and low ti (physical, visual, and aural)
- Strategies for staff work
- Solfa manipulative visuals, with directions on how to use
- Melodic flashcards for ti and low ti: staff and stick notation
- Pattern match game for ti, and Pattern match game for low ti: Students match up stick notation cards to staff notation
- "Hey, Ho Nobody Home" contour cards
- “Solfa Street” PowerPoint for ti and low ti: Can be used to present either concept (PowerPoint and Google Slides, includes four versions so you can teach in whichever order you want!)
- Staff writing file in Google Slides
- "Pick a Card" game for ti: Students listen, then choose the corresponding pattern (Google Slides and PowerPoint)
- Could it be ltd' game/ Could it be l,t,d for visually identifying staff patterns (Google Slides and Easel assessment, which allows you to track individual student data AND gives students immediate feedback!)
- Worksheets: Two writing worksheets for ti and low ti, Composition worksheet for ti and low ti, Lines and spaces worksheet, Could it be ltd' and Could it be l,t,d worksheets
Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
Question: Does this set require lots of prep?
Answer: I created this set so that it would require little prep. The worksheets can be easily printed to use with students, and the games can simply be opened up. The manipulatives and pattern match cards do require some prep, but then you will have them for years to come!
Question: Does this set require technology?
Answer: Many of the materials in this set can be used without technology. The games can be used with simply a LCD projector and/or interactive white board. There are Easel assessments included as an option; information is included about how to use Easel.
Question: Which programs do I need to open up the files?
Answer: The materials come in a zipped folder. Once you unzip, you'll need the following programs to open:
- Adobe Reader
- Google Slides
READ REVIEWS FROM OTHER MUSIC EDUCATORS!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I love all of your resources! They are so well done and easy to use!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Good basic unit for ti,/ti and all I really need for my older kids. Glad not to have to reinvent the wheel!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Thanks for always having such great resources!"
Check out these sets:
Please email me with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © Aileen Miracle/ Mrs. Miracle's Music Room.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.