If you are a music teacher for wiggly littles (babies through 2nd grade), you know one of the biggest challenges is managing high energy levels and short attention spans!
In today's world where YouTube rules, we've got to find a way to ENGAGE our little rock stars with MODERN material that gets them excited to learn, holds their attention, and still builds a meaningful and high quality music education foundation. Research-based and built upon the principles of Feierabend, Orff, and Kodaly, Tots with Tempo's material offers the perfect marriage between classic music education pedagogies and music that appeals to today's youth.
This 17-song teacher's manual has everything you could possibly need to start your early childhood or primary music program or supplement your existing program. The material is easy to learn, silly, modern, movement based, and adored by little ones (and adults!).
What Types of Song Material Are Included?
- Songs for Movement and Action
- Songs for Body Percussion
- Songs for Bounces and Tickles
- Songs for Rhythm Instruments
- Songs for Scarves
- Songs for Parachutes
What Resources Are Included?
- Tips and Strategies for Teaching
- How To Pace A Class
- Lesson Plans with adaptations for babies through 1st/2nd grade
- Sheet Music with Chords
- Printable Visual Aids
- Vocal Tracks
- Accompaniment Tracks
- YouTube Video Links (Most unlisted)
Song List (preview each song):
1. Hello, My Friends (welcome song/movement improv)
2. Music Class (body percussion chant)
3. Counting Sheep (puppet song/bounce)
4. The Stinky Foot Song (action song/tickle)
5. Get My Sillies Out (action song)
6. Take Me To The Playground (action song)
7. Going To The Zoo (action song)
8. I'm a Lumberjack (sand block song)
9. Driving In My Car (hand drum song)
10. Shaky Shaky Egg (maraca/egg shaker freeze dance)
11. Rhythm Stick Tango (rhythm stick song)
12. I Like To Play My Castanets (castanet song)
13. Talking Instruments (rhythm sticks, tambourines, drums, bells)
14. Hip Hop Poppy Pop (parachute/ball game)
15. I'm a Superhero (scarf song)
16. Where Are You Hiding? (peekaboo scarf game)
17. Goodbye, My Friends (goodbye song/body percussion)
- Most Magical Music Class for Kids - Red Tricycle
- Most Awesome Music Class for Kids - Red Tricycle
- Best for Families - Washington Family
- 100% 5-star Reviews on Google and Facebook
- Music degree from the University of Virginia
- K-12 Teaching Certification from Montclair University
- Early Childhood Training from Music Together in Bologna, Italy
- Orff Training from Boston University
- 6 years as experience as a K-6 general music/choral teacher
- 12 years experience as an early childhood music teacher
- 18 years experience teaching music to children but privately and in the public school system
Click here to check out Tots with Tempo On Demand, a video subscription service with monthly music education song videos for children ages 0-7.
Bring the magic of Tots with Tempo to YOUR class today with "Songs That Teach", and ignite a love of music in your mini maestros.