Songs and Activities for Winter: Save over $8 with this bundled set! This set is perfect for winter time in the music room. It includes both Christmas and winter-y songs, games and activities that are great for the Kodaly inspired music room.
This bundle includes the following items from my store:
Jolly Old Saint Nicholas: a traditional Christmas song for teaching half note
- includes slides for lyrics, steady beat, rhythm icons, slides for presenting ta-a as tied ta's and practice slides, slides for presenting ta-a as half note and half note practice slides
Up On the Housetop: a traditional Christmas song for practicing half note
- Slides for lyrics, practice slides for ta-a as tied quarter notes as well as practice slides notated with half notes.
Twelve Days of Christmas
- Slides with rhythms using stick notation for "On the ____ day of Christmas my true love gave to me" followed by a lyrics slide that says the gift and has a picture of it. Rhythm concepts to isolate include half note or ti-ti anacrusis. I have also included a matching game in black and white or color were students can match the day with the gift. This would be a great activity for centers. (122 pages!)
Deck the Halls: a Traditional Christmas song for practicing tam ti
- This set includes lyrics (for 3 verses), plus slides for practicing tam ti with stick notation for verse one and a copy of the music.
Jingle Bells: a Christmas song for practicing tam ti
This file includes lyrics slides as well as rhythm slides with stick notation for practicing tam ti. Other rhythms included in this song are: ta, titi, ta rest, ta-a, ta-a-a, ta-a-a-a.
Frosty Weather: a folk song for teaching ta & titi and re
- this set includes slides for Lyrics, steady beat, icons for rhythm, presentation slides for ta and titi, rhythm with stick notation, icons for pitch with lyrics, slides for preparing re with icons and solfege (? on re), slides for presenting re, Solfa Street, rules for re, what it's hand sign looks like, practice reading the song with icons and solfege including re, practice reading the song with icons on staff in both F do and G do so students get used to reading re on a line or a space, copy of the song, singing games directions
Trim the Tree Games: Each student has an envelope or baggie with all the ornaments for decorating the Christmas tree. The teacher reads/plays a rhythm and the students find the correct ornament for the tree. This is a great game to keep everyone occupied the whole time and works well for assessment or just a quick way to see who's "getting it".
Trim the Tree: ta and titi
Trim the Tree: ta rest
Trim the Tree: half note
Trim the Tree: tiri-tiri
Trim the Tree: ti-tiri
Trim the Tree: tiri-ti
Trim the Tree: syncopa
Dashing Through the Snow Rhythm Races: four teams race on sleds (scooters) to find the correct rhythms for their team.
Dashing Through the Snow Rhythm Races: ta and titi
Dashing Through the Snow Rhythm Races: ta rest
Dashing Through the Snow Rhythm Races: half note
Dashing Through the Snow Rhythm Races: tiri-tiri
Dashing Through the Snow Rhythm Races: ti-tiri
Dashing Through the Snow Rhythm Races: tiri-ti
Dashing Through the Snow Rhythm Races: syncopa
Both of these vocal explorations sets include slides that can be projected onto your board, Smartboard, ect. The teacher and the students can follow the lines with there voices. There are also some without the lines so that you or the students can draw their own vocal explorations. A black and white worksheet is also included that could be printed for each student to compose their own vocal exploration pathway to perform and take home.
Vocal Explorations for Christmas
Vocal Explorations for Winter
Christmas Beat Charts
: These Christmas themed beat charts are perfect for Christmas time steady beat preparation or practice. Your students will love the fun clip art of Santa, elves, stockings, Rudolf, and more!
If you have already purchases something from this collection but are interested in purchasing the whole collection, just send me and email to LindsayJervis@hotmail.com after purchase and I will give you credit for your past individual purchases towards something else in my store so that you aren't paying twice for the same materials.
Your feedback is important! Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment and earn credits towards future purchases from any TPT store!
Follow me for updates on sales, freebies and new products! You can also check out my teaching blog:
Pursuit of Joyfulness
kodaly, orff, solfege, Christmas around the world, Christmas music