Songs and Activities to Teach Do Re Mi Sol La in the Music Room
Also included in
- Save 30% by buying this as a bundle instead of as individual products!! This huge 2,028 page set is just what you need to plan your Second and Third Grade lessons! This comprehensive set covers the concepts of do, re, low la, low sol, half note, tika-tika, ti-tika, and tika-ti, and can also be usedPrice $113.40Original Price $202.50Save $89.10
- Need songs, activities, and strategies for teaching re, and/or the do pentatonic scale? This is a bundled pack of three different products. Save 20% by purchasing this mega-set instead of the individual products!This 231-page product includes:SONGS AND ACTIVITIES TO TEACH RE:Songs to teach re (Long-Price $13.60Original Price $21.25Save $7.65
- Are you looking for ways to teach melody and solfa/ solfege in the music classroom, while engaging your primary students in fun songs and activities? Wanting to save time preparing to teach melody to your first and second graders? If so, this bundle is perfect! This comprehensive bundle will improvePrice $27.20Original Price $46.50Save $19.30
Are you looking for ways to teach re and notes in the do pentatonic scale in the music classroom, while engaging your students in fun songs and activities? Wanting to save time preparing to teach melody to your second and third graders? If so, this unit for re is perfect!
This comprehensive set will improve your students understanding of melody and music theory for do re mi so la, will give you opportunities to assess students, AND will save you time! The set includes:
- Songs to teach re (Long-Legged Sailor, Let us chase the squirrel, Great Big House, Closet Key, Bow Wow Wow)
- Lesson plan for presenting re: 35 minute lesson, aligned with NCAS
- Re learning center activities
- “Hot Cross Buns”/ "Let us chase the squirrel" stick notation sheet, for use in centers
- Strategies for teaching re (physical, visual, and aural)
- Strategies for staff work
- Solfa manipulative visuals, with directions on how to use
- Melodic flashcards: staff and stick notation
- Poison pattern mini-set for preparing re
- Pattern match game: Students match up stick notation cards to staff notation
- “Solfa Street” PowerPoint: Can be used to present re (PowerPoint and Google Slides)
- Staff writing file in Google Slides
- "Hide and Seek" game for re: Students listen, then choose the corresponding pattern (Google Slides and PowerPoint)
- Could it be drm game for visually identifying staff patterns (Google Slides and Easel assessment, which allows you to track individual student data AND gives students immediate feedback!)
- Worksheets: Two writing worksheets for re, Composition worksheet for re, Lines and spaces worksheet, Could it be drm worksheet, Song match worksheet
Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
Question: Does this set require lots of prep?
Answer: I created this set so that it would require little prep. The worksheets can be easily printed to use with students, and the games can simply be opened up. The manipulatives do require some prep, but then you will have them for years to come!
Question: Does this bundle require technology?
Answer: Many of the materials in this set can be used without technology. The games can be used with simply a LCD projector and/or interactive white board. There are Easel assessments included as an option; information is included in each set about how to use Easel.
Question: Which programs do I need to open up the files?
Answer: The materials come in a zipped folder. Once you unzip, you'll need the following programs to open:
- Adobe Reader
- Google Slides
READ REVIEWS FROM OTHER MUSIC EDUCATORS!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "A lot of great ideas in here! A good resource to have on hand!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I love all of your resources! They are so well done and easy to use!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Game changer for me in my room. Assessments are so much easier and it's easy for the kids to practice skills."
Check out these sets:
Follow me for freebies and updates. Please email me with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © Aileen Miracle/ Mrs. Miracle's Music Room.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.