Songs and Activities to Teach High Do in the Music Room
Also included in
- Looking for songs, games, and activities to teach high do, and the extended do pentatonic scale? This is a bundled pack of three different products. Save 20% by purchasing this mega-set instead of the individual products!This bundle includes:SONGS AND ACTIVITIES TO TEACH HIGH DO:Songs to teach highPrice $16.60Original Price $20.75Save $4.15
- Are you looking for ways to teach melody and solfa in the music classroom, while engaging your upper elementary students in fun songs and activities? Wanting to save time preparing to teach melody to your third, fourth, fifth, and sixth graders? If so, this bundle is perfect! This comprehensive bundPrice $52.00Original Price $74.50Save $22.50
Are you looking for ways to teach high do/ do' in the music classroom, while engaging your students in fun songs and activities? Wanting to save time preparing to teach melody to your third, fourth, and fifth graders? If so, this unit for high do is perfect!
This comprehensive set will improve your students understanding of melody and music theory, will give you opportunities to assess students, AND will save you time! The set includes:
- Songs to teach high do (Sandy's Mill, Pourquoi, Stella Ella, Tideo, Sarasponda)
- Lesson plan for presenting high do: 35 minute lesson, aligned with NCAS
- High do learning center activities
- “Tideo"/ "Pourquoi" stick notation sheet, for use in centers
- Strategies for teaching high do (physical, visual, and aural)
- Strategies for staff work
- Solfa manipulative visuals, with directions on how to use
- Melodic flashcards: staff and stick notation
- Poison pattern mini-set for preparing high do
- Pattern match game: Students match up stick notation cards to staff notation
- Slideshow for the lyrics of "Pourquoi"
- "Pourquoi" contour cards
- “Solfa Street” PowerPoint: Can be used to present high do (PowerPoint and Google Slides)
- Staff writing file in Google Slides
- "Pick a Card" game for high do: Students listen, then choose the corresponding pattern (Google Slides and PowerPoint)
- Could it be sld' game for visually identifying staff patterns (Google Slides and Easel assessment, which allows you to track individual student data AND gives students immediate feedback!)
- Worksheets: Two writing worksheets for high do, Composition worksheet for high do, Lines and spaces worksheet, Could it be sld' worksheet, Song match worksheet
Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
Question: Does this set require lots of prep?
Answer: I created this set so that it would require little prep. The worksheets can be easily printed to use with students, and the games can simply be opened up. The manipulatives do require some prep, but then you will have them for years to come!
Question: Does this bundle require technology?
Answer: Many of the materials in this set can be used without technology. The games can be used with simply a LCD projector and/or interactive white board. There are Easel assessments included as an option; information is included in each set about how to use Easel.
Question: Which programs do I need to open up the files?
Answer: The materials come in a zipped folder. Once you unzip, you'll need the following programs to open:
- Adobe Reader
- Google Slides
READ REVIEWS FROM OTHER MUSIC EDUCATORS!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Such a tremendous help with planning appropriate songs and activities for this year! It has actually been fun plugging in all these new songs/activities into my yearly planning outline this year! For once, I may actually have to cut down what I have rather than scraping things together at the last minute! Thank you thank you thank you!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This purchase was awesome in helping me bring in different ways to present the concept of high do!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Excellent resources - very thorough bundle!"
You can also purchase this set at a discount as part of the Extended Do Pentatonic Mega-Set.
Check out these sets:
Follow me for freebies and updates. Please email me with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.
Copyright © Aileen Miracle/ Mrs. Miracle's Music Room.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.