Songs and Activities to Teach Sol Mi La in the Music Room
- Easel Assessment
Also included in
- Save 30% off by buying this as a bundle instead of as individual products!! This huge 1,300+ page set is just what you need to plan your Kindergarten and First Grade lessons! This comprehensive set covers the concepts of loud/quiet, fast/slow, high/low, beat/rhythm, ta and ti-ti, sol-mi, quarter resPrice $107.63Original Price $153.75Save $46.12
- Looking for ways to teach la, after teaching sol and mi? Save 20% by buying this mega-set, which includes the following three products: SONGS AND ACTIVITIES TO TEACH LA:*Singing games to teach la in both a sol-la-sol-mi and sol-mi-la-sol-mi pattern (Bounce High, We are dancing, Icka Backa, Come backPrice $13.00Original Price $16.25Save $3.25
- Are you looking for ways to teach melody and solfa/ solfege in the music classroom, while engaging your primary students in fun songs and activities? Wanting to save time preparing to teach melody to your first and second graders? If so, this bundle is perfect! This comprehensive bundle will improvePrice $34.00Original Price $46.50Save $12.50
Are you looking for ways to teach sol mi la in the music classroom, while engaging your students in fun songs and activities? Wanting to save time preparing to teach melody to your first and second graders? If so, this unit for sol, la, and mi is perfect!
This comprehensive set will improve your students' understanding of melody and music theory, will give you opportunities to assess students, AND will save you time!
Here's what you'll get:
- Songs to teach la (Bounce High, We are dancing, Icka Backa, Pizza Pizza, Come back home my little chicks)
- Lesson plan for presenting la: 35 minute lesson, aligned with NCAS
- La learning center activities
- “Bounce High” stick notation sheet, for use in centers
- Strategies for teaching la (physical, visual, and aural)
- Strategies for staff work
- Solfa manipulative visuals, with directions on how to use
- Melodic flashcards: staff and stick notation
- “Solfa Street” PowerPoint: Can be used to present la (PowerPoint and Google Slides)
- Staff writing file in Google Slides
- "Hide and Seek" game for la: Students listen, then choose the corresponding pattern (Google Slides and PowerPoint)
- Could it be slsm game for visually identifying staff patterns (Google Slides and Easel assessment, which allows you to track individual student data AND gives students immediate feedback!)
- Worksheets: Two writing worksheets for slsm, two writing worksheets for smlsm, One lines and spaces worksheet
Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
Question: Does this set require lots of prep?
Answer: I created this set so that it would require little prep. The worksheets can be easily printed to use with students, and the games can simply be opened up. The manipulatives do require some prep, but then you will have them for years to come!
Question: Does this bundle require technology?
Answer: Many of the materials in this set can be used without technology. The games can be used with simply a LCD projector and/or interactive white board. There are Easel assessments included as an option; information is included in each set about how to use Easel.
Question: Which programs do I need to open up the files?
Answer: The materials come in a zipped folder. Once you unzip, you'll need the following programs to open:
- Adobe Reader
- Google Slides
READ REVIEWS FROM OTHER MUSIC EDUCATORS!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Game changer for me in my room. Assessments are so much easier and it's easy for the kids to practice skills."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Not only do I love the strategies that are in this bundle, I LOVE the assessments! This is a main goal of mine that I am working on this year so I am very grateful for this bundle. Thank you!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This file is so comprehensive in all learning facets of "LA"! Thank you."
Buy this at a discount with my Sol-Mi-La Mega Set.
Check out these sets:
• No Prep Staff Writing La Worksheets
• Songs and Activities to Teach Sol-Mi/ So Mi in the Music Room
• Songs and Activities to Teach Do in the Music Room
Follow me for freebies and updates. Please email me with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © Aileen Miracle/ Mrs. Miracle's Music Room.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.