I LOVE using music in the classroom! I find that my students remember concepts much better when we put them into song form. I also find that it instantly boosts engagement and builds community!
Since I love writing these songs, I decided to create a home base where I will share them with you.
Included in the bundle is a PDF document of the lyric sheets AS WELL AS a PowerPoint presentation with lyrics that can be projected. Each slide includes either an audio file OR a hyperlink to a karaoke YouTube track that will help you get moovin' and groovin'! Note below which songs currently include an audio file. Eventually, ALL songs will have an audio file to assist you in learning the song!
*NEWLY UPDATED (2/2/20) to include Multiplication Songs 2-9! An audio file is included for each of the following songs:
- 2s Multiplication (to the tune of "Look What You Made Me Do" by Taylor Swift)
- 3s Multiplication (to the tune of "All Star" by Smash Mouth)
- 4s Multiplication (to the tune of "bad guy" by Billie Eilish)
- 5s Multiplication (to the tune of "Someone You Loved" by Lewis Capaldi)
- 6s Multiplication (to the tune of "Happier" by Marshmellow)
- 7s Multiplication (to the tune of "Rewrite the Stars" from The Greatest Showman)
- 8s Multiplication (to the tune of "Old Town Road (Remix)" by Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus)
- 9s Multiplication (to the tune of "Goodbyes" by Post Malone ft. Young Thug)
Here is a list of the other songs so far. An asterisk (*) next to a song indicates that there is a recorded audio file included in the download. Songs that do not have an asterisk will be recorded and added soon!
- *This Will Be the Best Year (to the tune of "Born to Be Yours" by Kygo and Imagine Dragons)
- *Rise in 3rd Grade (to the tune of "Rise" by Jonas Blue)
- *Sit Up Straight and Listen (to the tune of "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" by Fall Out Boy)
- *The Theme Song (to the tune of the "Full House" theme song)
- *Let's Find the Main Idea (to the tune of "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon)
- *Text Features (to the tune of "Havana" by Camila Cabello)
- *Fraction Multiplication (to the tune of "End Game" by Taylor Swift)
- *Metric Measurement (to the tune of "Delicate" by Taylor Swift)
- *The PEMDAS Song (to the tune of "Breaking Free" from High School Musical)
- *Customary Units of Capacity (to the tune of "Old Town Road (Remix)" by Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus
- *Where the Decimal Belongs (to the tune of "Give Me Everything" by Pitbull)
- *Great Stories From Our Lives (to the tune of "Best Day of My Life" by American Authors)
- *Communities (to the tune of "Honey, I'm Good" by Andy Grammar)
- Thank You for Bein' My Mama (to the tune of Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd)
Since I taught 5th grade for the last three years, some of the songs may be geared toward fifth grade standards. However, many reading skills span across grade levels, and so these songs can be used across the board. I will also be including community building and procedural songs that can be used in any grade! Furthermore, I just started teaching 3rd grade, so I will be including more songs that cover 3rd grade standards.
To learn more about how I present songs in the classroom, please reach out on Instagram @teachingontables . You may also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or suggestions for song topics. Thank you for your support, and happy singing!
*I do not own the right to any of the original songs and lyrics. I have changed the words for educational use.