Sonia Sotomayor was the first Latina Supreme Court Justice. Since being nominated by former President Barack Obama, she has been an important part of our Supreme Court.
If you need a few quick and engaging activities to help your students learn about this amazing woman, this pack has just that. There are 5 printable pages that can be used in your interactive notebooks, cut out and glued onto construction paper, or even used independently just as they are. These activities are blank and ask your students to use the books, websites, or textbooks of your choice to research Sonia Sotomayor and fill in the information.
The activities included are:
• Sonia Sotomayor biography page (info such as place of birth, what she's famous for, etc.)
• In Her Words: research and choose her most meaningful quotes.
• Text Me: create a fictional text message conversation that you might have with her!
• Supreme Court: research and list the other Justices that she currently serves with.
• Dear Ms. Sotomayor: write a letter to Sonia Sotomayor.
Please view the thumbnails and download the preview to see each page that is included in this pack. If you have any additional questions, please use the "Ask a Question" tab in my TpT store.
Thank you for looking!