Sonnet Activity Renaissance Poetry with Petrarch
Also included in
- In this set of 17 Renaissance Station Activities students engage in inquiry-based lessons and hands on activities. Students explore the Renaissance when they paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel with Michelangelo, build domes with Brunelleschi, write poetry with Petrarch, and more. Included inPrice $13.12Original Price $20.50Save $7.38
Poetry doesn't have to be just for Language Arts. Celebrate one of the earliest Renaissance poets, Petrarch, who wrote sonnets long before Shakespeare came on the scene.
This detailed guide includes:
● A complete lesson plan for 1 90 minute or 2 50 minute lessons
● Student handouts for two activities: identifying rhyme scheme and writing sonnets
● Background reading on Francesco Petrarch
In this common-core aligned lesson students merge humanist values of romantic love with working in a structured poem. Students are introduced to poetry at different levels such as Dr. Seuss and through song. Students investigate Petrarchan poetry and then write sonnets on topics of their choice.
This is a great cross-over lesson for language arts and social studies. Part language arts and part social science, this lesson is a welcome addition in National Poetry Month and beyond.
This lesson is available as part of a $$$ saving Renaissance station activity bundle or as a full Renaissance Teacher Resource bundle.
MUST HAVE Renaissance activities include:
- Art, Invention and Study with Leonardo Da Vinci
- Art, politics and humanism in the Renaissance
- Gutenberg and the Scientific Revolution
- Renaissance: Illustrated Timeline
- Renaissance: What's the Question Bell-Ringers
- Renaissance Art Gallery Walk
- Figures of the Renaissance Activity and Game.
- Renaissance: Comparative Notebook Timeline
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.