Sonnet History – A Power Point Presentation for Grades 6 -11 is a PDF'd, secured, POWERPOINT
. This thorough, clear, useful, and FUN Power Point Presentation covers the historical beginnings of the sonnet up to the present day, offering ALL students a foundational knowledge from which to continue on in ANY lesson YOU choose to teach afterwards!
FOR ALL GRADES:
Use this 14-page, one-day Sonnet history presentation as a warm up, introduction, and background or as a re-teaching activity before you jump into your own sonnet activities. Use to teach or reteach this important historical background material about the sonnet. Lower grades
need to know it as it helps form important associations and deeper learning. Upper grades
may have never learned this material, may benefit from a refresher, but will also learn something new!
This full-color Power Point Presentation features:
1. The roots of the sonnet, starting with Italy and Petrarch
2. The Petrarchan Conventions
3. Icons that let students know when to take notes.
4. The sonnet's development in Italy, and movement and growth in popularity over in England
5. The names of major writers who worked in the sonnet form during the English Renaissance . . .
6. The GRAND MASTER himself, Shakespeare (and WHY he is important)
7. Historical information and dates, sonnet information and topics by Shakespeare, and others who came after, in England, Ireland and America.
You Receive a lovely 14-page PPT presentation (11 filled pages for presenting) chock full of information, perfect for a leisurely introduction and for note-taking and discussion.
Please also consider our
Sonnet History Companion Pack: EDITABLE Quiz & Key, with Printables!
. This is a companion product with study notes, Common Core Standards, a three-day lesson suggestion, and editable assessment and key to enhance our already wonderful Power Point Presentation. Have students show what they know with this editable assessment (50% Scantron friendly) plus notes you and students will enjoy and can use separately, with or without the Power Point!
*If you haven’t purchased the Power Point or the companion yet, purchase both TOGETHER as a 3-DAY LESSON and save 25%!
With the "Sonnet History with Quiz and Note Taker" you receive:
- the secured Power Point presentation, - the Common Core Standards, - the lesson suggestion, note outline for instructor, - and EDITABLE: assessment, Key, grading guideline, and NOTE TAKER forms for students to increase retention and ON TASK behavior!
We hope these options will allow you the maximum flexibility you need.
You want to build your Perfect Classroom. We at PerfettoWritingRoom(c) Would like to help!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺