The “Sonnet History – Grades 6-11 ” is a beautiful, thorough, and FUN Power Point IN a PDF format (SECURED for copyright purposes) that will serve an exceptional foundational presentation.
- introducing NEW information for LOWER grades,
- OR as a refresher for the UPPER grades
This RESOURCE INCLUDES:
1. 15 Page SECURED, PDF'd POWERPOINT, secured for copyright security, with 11 pages chock full of information. If you want to purchase the UNSECURED VERSION CLICK HERE!
Within the SECURED full-color PowerPoint, You should expect to find information on the following:
A. The roots of the sonnet, starting in Italy with Petrarch
B. The Petrarchan Conventions
C. Icons that let students know when to take notes.
D. The sonnet's development in Italy, and movement and growth in popularity over in
E. Name of major writers who wrote sonnets during the English Renaissance . . .
F. Three types of sonnets, and their rhyme schemes
G. The GRAND MASTER himself, Shakespeare (and WHY he is important)
E. Names of other important sonneteers up to the modern era.
2. The Sonnet History Companion ONE:
Includes an Editable, PRINTABLE QUIZ and KEY (most of it is SCANTRON
3. Sonnet History Companion Pack TWO: 3-day Lesson Plan suggestion with CCSs
Teacher Notes, Product overview PLUS a printed version of the presentation
contents for the Instructor.
*In Total, you save 25% over buying the companion packs separately from the presentation alone.
4. NEW ADDITION!! A 3-Page NOTE TAKER. Have students follow along and take
notes with our handy three-page printable. Ensure retention, ON TASK behavior,
and have students use this as a study guide AFTER the presentation is class
is over, in preparation for the assessment!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺