Sonnets Lesson Plan: Students can stomp it, shout it, and get the beat while grappling with the challenge of iambic pentameter in Sonnets: Critique & Create. This set of lessons, guides, and handouts provides detailed instructions for the analysis and writing of a Shakespearean sonnet. Students practice using extended metaphors, rhythm, and argumentation as they fit their ideas into the quatrain and couplet format.
Step-by-step plans take five or six days to complete and are aligned to CCSS. I find it helpful to teach sonnets each year before introducing a Shakespeare play. Students gain confidence in understanding the language, form, and rhythm of his work.
• 24 pages of detailed lessons with engaging activities, student guides, and worksheets
• Templates for reading and writing iambic pentameter
• Printable iambic pentameter poster (Check out the large version of this poster
• Standards and suggested learning targets
• Differentiation ideas
• Technology tips
• Exit slips
• Answer key
Download the preview to take a look!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
CAN’T GET ENOUGH SHAKESPEARE?
Alas, neither can we! But don't worry, we have some great activities to get your students excited about the Great Bard. Take a look at our Shakespeare's Birthday Party Task Cards & Activities, Shakespeare Background Research RAFT Cards & Top 10, and Introductory Shakespeare Bundle.
© 2013 by Classroom Core. All Rights Reserved.