"Join the Sons of Liberty" Project
1. Students use their knowledge of the Sons of Liberty, colonies, and reasons for their grievances with the king to write a creative letter to a friend or family member asking them to join the sons of liberty.
2. Project is modified for SPED, 504, and LEP students. Teacher can easily modify WORD document to increase rigor for higher level students.
3. Students understand how much each requirement is worth with points listed right next to requirements. Points add up to 200 points in an attempt to motivate students to reach beyond 70 points.
4. Students do not need recall in order to complete the assignment because all of the information needed is on the document. Works well for frequently absent students or students who are required to stay in In School Suspension or in a special classroom.
5. If teacher needs to sit with student to assist in completing the project. Time required is about 15 minutes.
6. Also listed on the document is how students can dip paper into tea or coffee. Other ways students make paper appear old that is not listed but can be mentioned in the classroom: Ball paper up in a ball and then unball it. Step on the paper or rub dirt on the paper. Tear off the edges of the paper.
7. Document is in Word format.
8. Document should be printed on Legal paper.
9. Rubric is included
Easy to read and understand. Great for all level students. Used with success with LEP, SPED, GT, IEP, and 504.
Thank you in advance for your purchase and feedback.
Join the Sons of Liberty
by Lucy Figueroa
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License