In this science station, students sort motions as push or pull motions. Students then answer questions about the sort within their science journal or on the provided worksheets.
This product is the SORT science station only.
This station is also available in a larger bundle of 8 stations at a discount of 35%. Instead of paying $2, you only pay $1.50 per station for 8 stations on Force & Motion
Each station includes four different ways to respond to the experience at the station: short answer questions, fill-in the blank questions, task cards with short answers, task cards with multiple choice. All the variations are similar to one another. Choose the format that best fits your classroom and students. Students are encouraged to use their science journal, but worksheets are included as well.
Information about the full bundle:
Force & Motion Science Stations for Third Grade Next Generation Science Standards
include 8 different science stations where students can deepen their understanding of how animals interact with each other. The focus is on NGSS 3-PS2.A and include concepts such as force (push and pull), surface types and speed.
- Students watch a video about force and answer questions.
- Students interact with a video game that runs a car along different surfaced. They then respond to questions about their experience.
- Students investigate how a balloon moved based on the size of the balloon and answer questions about it.
- Students draw a diagram of a slide with certain specifications, label their diagram and answer questions about it.
- Students read a passage and answer questions about push and pull forces.
- Students model how to create a bigger force and answer questions about their model.
- Students explore how a pinwheel moves and answer questions about it.
- Students sort push and pull forces and explain their reasoning.
***Purchase all Third Grade Science Stations together in one large BUNDLE***
Some stations include two or more activity choices and extension activities.
Each station is designed to last about 15-20 minutes. Students may do one a day for 8 days, 2 a day for two days, or any format that works for your classroom.
See the preview for additional information and details.
Connect with What I Have Learned
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Follow me at my BLOG
Sign up for my newsletter NEWSLETTER
Copyright © Jessica Boschen. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.