Learn how to interrogate a large data set using sorting, filtering and queries in Microsoft Access.
Students will learn:
• how to use ascending and descending sorts to find data in a large data set
• how to use filters to narrow down search results
• how to construct simple and complex queries in a database
• Lesson presentation
• Data set (Microsoft Access database)
• Video tutorial: creating a query
• Quizlet stack of vocab: https://quizlet.com/_3nembt
• Teacher version of lesson presentation (complete with answers)
• Teacher version of Access database (complete with queries)
This lesson was developed for use with age 13-14 students, to be taught over roughly 90 minutes, but could be used with students studying any course that requires database skills.