Sound – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to sound terminology (vibration, sound waves, echo, wavelength, frequency, pitch, amplitude, and volume)
• Energy transfer involving vibration and sound waves
• How echoes work
• Introductory anatomy and functions of the ear
• Why sounds differ
• Sonar explained
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are inner ear, vibrations, sound waves, wavelength, pitch, amplitude, volume, frequency, echo, outer ear, and middle ear.
• Activity two has students identifying parts of sound waves and differing sound waves. They are grouped to make the activity easier. Identifying terminology include wavelength, short wavelength, medium wavelength, and long wavelength, amplitude, low amplitude, medium amplitude, and high amplitude.