Improve beginning reading! These sound boxes were created to help students with the following skills:
- Build phonological awareness by blending sounds into words
- Build phonological awareness by segmenting words into sounds
- Teach students to count the number of phonemes in a word
- Encourage students to eventually better understand the concept of the alphabetic principle in decoding / reading and spelling
These phonemic activities are great for introducing, teaching, reteaching, extending or intervening on blending and segmenting words / sounds.
Included in the Sound Box Pic Strips KIT:
- 60 full color Sound Box Pic Strips with graphics
- 3 (3 sound) blank Sound Boxes to use with pictures or to add your own
- 3 (4 sound) blank Sound Boxes to use with pictures or to add your own
- Game / Activity: Clap a Sound
- Game / Activity: Count & Color a Sound
- Digital / editable: Classroom Phonological Awareness Teaching Checklist
- PDF / printable: Classroom Phonological Awareness Teaching Checklist
- List of words with 3 phonemes / sounds
- How to know if your students need additional practice with phonemic awareness
- Information: What's the big deal about phonemic awareness?
This Kit comes in the format of PDF and there are 61 pages including the covers and final pages.
For more EARLY READING LESSONS AND ACTIVITIES:
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns with this product. email@example.com
I would LOVE for you to visit my blog for additional learning activities and strategies: