This interactive flipbook is the perfect note taker for engaging students in their learning of sound devices used in poetry!
What You Get:
1. Detailed How-to Use Guide (pictures included)
2. Common Core Alignment- list of related standards in grades 1-4.
3. Essential Questions (1. How do poets play with words? 2. How is poetry different than prose, and 3. Why is language and word choice important in poetry?)
4. Key Vocabulary Posters- included terms are: poetry, line of poetry, stanzas, sound devices, alliteration, onomatopoeia, repetition, rhythm, and rhyme.
5. Student Flipbook pages (6 total)
6. Teacher Flipbook Answer Key (6 total)
How To Use:
1. Copy pages 17-22. Staple all 6 pages together at the top.
2. Students cut on dashed lines to create the layered flipbook pages.
3. Students color the flipbook pages different colors.
4. Students fill in the note taker with teacher modeling. Use teacher answer key on pages 23-28.
5. Have fun and please leave feedback!