Also included in
- Energize your study of sound and light energy with hands-on science activities and corresponding video links! Lesson plans, lab sheets, companion websites, flash cards, review sheet, and assessment are all included in this bundle. Third, fourth, or fifth grade students explore scientific concepts th$14.00$16.00Save $2.00
- Four complete units offer dozens of hands-on activities and stations for exploring these forms: thermal energy, electricity, light and sound. Review, assessment, and video links are also included. These modules were specially created for teachers who embrace active learning. Third, fourth, or fifth$24.00$30.00Save $6.00
- A variety of activities let fourth grade students explore NGSS energy standards: speed (4-PS3-1), transfer (4-PD3-2), collisions (4-PS3-3), and related STEM (4-PS3-4). It also includes a set of forms of energy posters, flash cards, and quiz. The bonus file offers a pacing guide, standards, and objec$37.00$46.00Save $9.00
- These activities and labs let students explore all NGSS physical science standards for fourth grade: speed and energy (4-PS3-1); sound, light, heat, and electric currents (4-PS3-2); collisions (4-PS3-3); converting energy (4-PS3-4); waves (4-PS4-1); the eye (4-PS4-2); and using patterns to transfer$45.00$57.00Save $12.00
- Looking for a variety of science activities, experiments, and projects that address the fourth grade NGSS standards? Look no further! This bundle offers curriculum support for all standards: life, physical, and earth. Kids participate in hands-on labs and stations, research projects, and more. Downl$89.00$111.00Save $22.00
- These activities let students explore all Indiana physical science standards for fourth grade: transportation systems (4.PS.1); speed and energy (4.PS.2, 4.PS.4, 4.PS.5); simple and compound machines (4.PS.3); sound, light, heat, and electricity (4.P.5); and STEM (3-5.E.1, 3-5.E.2, 3-5.E.3). It also$40.00$51.00Save $11.00
- Looking for a variety of science activities and experiments that address the fourth grade Indiana standards? Look no further! This bundle offers curriculum support for all standards: life, physical, and earth. Kids participate in hands-on labs and stations, research projects, and more.Download the f$82.00$102.00Save $20.00
Energize your sound unit! Third, fourth, or fifth grade students move through six sets of hands-on energy activities and complete a related STEM activity. Lesson plans, lab sheets, flash cards, review sheet, video links, and assessment are included.
To keep kids engaged with science during distance or blended learning, several options are included:
- A parallel webpage shows parents how to do the activities at home. A link to the webpage is includes in this resource and can also be purchased separately.
- You can create Easel Activities and share the with your students online. To make your life easier, student pages have been customized with answer boxes. They can respond by typing, writing, drawing, and highlighting.
Created by master teacher Brenda Kovich, these activities are classroom-tested and kid-approved. Students in grade 3, 4, or 5 explore scientific concepts through hands-on exploration. Then they make their own generalizations. Corresponding videos offer further exploration and clarify concepts.
- What Is a Sound?
- How Does Sound Travel?
- What Is Amplitude?
- What Is Pitch?
- Which Materials Conduct and Insulate?
- Does Sound Travel Better Through Solids, Liquids, or Gases?
For each guiding question, students conduct two or three simple (but powerful) experiments, and make generalizations. Most materials are commonly found in classrooms or homes. (Materials are listed in the preview. I only needed to purchase a $3 Slinky and borrow a tuning fork from the music teacher for this unit.)
The STEM activity challenges students to design a musical instrument that produces high, medium, and low pitched sounds.
Open the preview to get a better look at the resources.
Would you like to know when I post more resources? Simply follow me on TpT.
I'm committed to continual improvement. This resource was updated on November 12, 2020.