Sound Science – Essential Questions, Unit Folder, 11+ Writing prompts, Text Features, Vocabulary Foldables and Quiz BUNDLE
Essential Questions Posters and Journal Cover
• Essential Questions in full color landscape format
• Essential Questions in full color portrait format
• Blank Essential Questions page
• Journal Cover for students to keep all notes and foldables in one place
Students enjoy using this text feature organizer as a scavenger hunt. Two versions included: One appropriate for most non-fiction books on sound and another that complements Sound by Science A-Z.
Text features included
• Table of contents
• Text box
• Bold text
• Diagram and labels
Vocabulary for the matching quiz and foldable
• Vocal cords
• Ear drums
1. Main Idea and details foldable complementing SOUND by Science A-Z (Great for a Jig-Saw activity)
2. Student essay response using text evidence.
3. Vocabulary foldables and matching quiz for book
These prompts are a delightful extension of an integrated science/language arts unit. They cover non-fiction; realistic fiction; fantasy fiction; idiom responses; quote responses; persuasive and compare/contrast writing.
11 Writing Prompts
Each prompt includes a graphic organizer for prewriting.
• Sound – is/can/has, with and without sentence stems
• Sound Essay with text evidence
• Idiom writing – In One Ear and Out the Other
• Idiom writing – Play it By Ear
• Echolocation compare and contrast Dolphins and Porpoises
• Fiction Narrative – What Was That Sound?
• Character Development using FAST (realistic and fantasy versions)
• Persuasive – Too Much Noise!
• Famous Quote Response – Silence MLK Jr.
• Famous Quote – Silence Emily Dickinson
• Famous Quotes – Silence Plato/Euripides
• Bonus: Compare and Contrast – All three quotes
• Bonus: “Turn Up the Volume” for great sentences
• Additional “What is Sound” without essay hints
• Additional “Play it by Ear” without sentence stems
• Lines that fell off the page when saved as a PDF - fixed
These are available in the bundle:
- Sound Integrated Language Arts BUNDLE
Or find the parts separately here:
- Sound Essential Questions and Unit Folder
- Sound Non-Fiction Text Features, Vocabulary and Quiz
- Sound Writing Prompts, Graphic Organizers and Supports
- Silence Quotes; Writing Prompts, Graphic Organizers and Supports
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ink-N-Little-Things http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden
Thank you for visiting Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley