Science Interactive Notebook – Sound, Light, Mirrors and Lenses
** Note: This product is part of The Complete Physical Science Interactive Notebook Click here to view.
In this featured chapter – Sound, Light, Mirrors and Lenses– students will be given the opportunity to show their understanding of the included concepts by completing the engaging and creative activities for the OUTPUT side of their Science Interactive Notebook. Activities range in variety for each chapter.
Download preview to see examples of pages.
Waves include the following concepts:
• The Nature of Sound
• Music and Uses of Sound
• Reflection and Refraction of Light
• Lenses and Optical Instruments
Students will be able to:
• Explain how sound travels through different mediums
• Identify what influences the speed of sound
• Describe how the ear enables you to hear – inner ear, middle ear, outer ear
• Describe the Doppler effect
• Describe why different instruments have different sound qualities
• Discuss the uses of sonar
• Explain how ultrasound is useful in medicine
• Explain frequency and pitch
• Describe how light waves interact with matter
• Explain how a person sees color
• Differentiate between refraction of light and reflection of light
• Explain why a prism separates white light into color
• Describe how an image is formed in three types of mirrors: plane, concave, convex
• Distinguish between real and virtual images
• Describe shapes of convex and concave lenses and what images they form
• Describe uses of optical instruments: telescope, microscope, camera
Each concept shares:
• Actual photos of INPUT/OUTPUT pages of Science Interactive Notebook
• Instructions on how to create/use/complete activity for OUTPUT side
• Mini-Quizzes for each concept to check students’ understanding
• Answer Keys for all mini-quizzes
* If you’re new to Science Interactive Notebooks download my Intro to Science Interactive Notebook tutorial for FREE!